This week’s distractions: 23 September
Image from The Modern House
We've had a very busy (how on-brand), exciting week. But this never stops us finding time to have a good old scout around the interwebs. Here are our favourite links this week.
- Oh my. This whole site is full of some of the most dreamy modern residential architecture in Britain. We've been imaginary house shopping all week. Anyone got a few million they can lend us?
- After picking up her amazing Tattoo Eyeliner the last time we were in the states, and being very sad once it ran out, we're very excited that Kat Von D's makeup range is now available in the UK, at Debenhams online, and with no crazy postage/customs charges.
- Passengers stars two of our favourite people, Jennifer Lawrence and Chris Pratt. The first trailer was released this week and shows the pair have amazing chemistry and the film looks like it will be exciting.
- One of the important life skills you need to learn is obviously folding towels into animals. Peak adulting.
- Audrie & Daisy is added to Netflix in the US today, shortly to be followed by the UK. Hello Giggles talk about why this is an important film for us all to watch.
- If after watching the documentary you feel like something funny to watch then you should look up the very funny American comedienne Iliza Shlesinger's newest stand up, Confirmed Kills, also on Netflix now. if you've never heard of her you'll be excited to find out there are two of her earlier shows on Netflix too.
- Nina Cosford, aka the super-talented illustrator behind the wonderful illustrations capturing moments from the TV show Girls (as well as a bunch of other high-profile projects) has a gorgeous new book out today. My Name is Girl takes a look around "the hazardous territory that is the girl brain!" and is full of Nina's bright, playful images.
We're hoping to have a quiet weekend reading our latest Classics Challenge novel, Rebecca. As always, let us know if you've seen any links you think we'd enjoy!