This week’s distractions: 27 May
Oooo shiny. Image from Alex Trochut
We almost did it. We almost wrote one of these round-ups without including Game of Thrones-related links but then two brilliant things popped up and we couldn't not share them. If you're like us, you'll understand. We've also thrown in an abundance of Jennifer Lawrence references because she is the best. Enjoy!
- These shiny Penguin Galaxy editions designed by Alex Trochut have us counting down the days to October when they're released. Each one is a sci-fi or fantasy classic and features an introduction by Neil Gaiman. The back covers are our favourite bit.
- You can always count on the people of the internet to take the hard work out of things for you. This Reddit user has pulled together the scenes from the Game of Thrones teaser trailers we haven't seen yet to predict what might happen in the remaining five episodes.
- The Beauty Department's hair tutorial shows why we might be dying our hair a beautiful rose shade in future.
- As we both have variations on this hair cut at the moment, we're working our way through this round up of the best tutorials to style a wavy lob.
- Emilia Clarke talks to Seth Meyers about how Dothraki is a real language and sings Mmm-bop to prove it.
- Someone left a pair of glasses on the floor of a gallery and people mistook them for art. This is hilarious and not at all like the time we went to a gallery and couldn't figure out if a socket on the wall was part of the exhibition or not. Nope.
- A very glossy Jennifer Laurence plays True Confessions on Jimmy Fallon (above) and proves why we hope she is never fully media trained. Boogers.
- While you're there, watch her trying to convince her nephew she's actually one of the X-Men.
- We heart Biffy Clyro and we've not stopped listening to their new track Animal Style since it was released Wednesday. We're not exaggerating, we actually have had it on repeat all day. Our neighbours love us. Have a listen here.
Ok we're off to watch more videos of Jennifer Laurence being awesome. So same as most Fridays.