This week’s distractions: 7 October
Image from Anxy Kickstarter
It's Friday again and as it's definitely decided it's Autumn in the UK, we've been snuggled up reading books, practising yoga and planning our upcoming holidays. Here are the things that have interested us on the internet this week.
- We spend a lot of time reading online content, but we still adore printed magazines. Support this Kickstarter for Anxy magazine, what will be “a bi-annual, beautifully-designed magazine about our inner worlds—the personal struggles, the fears that fool us into believing that the rest of the world is normal and we’re not”. Sounds perfect.
- Penguin's know that we have all binged-watched Stranger Things this year and have provided a list of eerie books to feed our need for more adventure, nostalgia and 80s pop culture references. We've read a few of these already; We Have Always Lived in the Castle and Ready Player One are two of our very favourites.
- The genius behind the Wetherspoons' carpets blog has now published a book of his favourites.
- GILMORE GIRLS! Can you tell we are getting a little excited that the new series is getting really close now? We can now watch We're Back, a look at the last seven seasons, while waiting to find out what's going to happen in the new episodes.
- Netflix are airing Charlie Brooker's latest series of Black Mirror, which will be available on 21 October. We sure the new episodes will be as disturbing and thought provoking as the previous series.
We're taking a little break next week as we are both off on holiday to Iceland. Though hopefully you can look forward to some photos and a nice writeup about it when we get back. Have a good week.